If this has happened to you see a dentist immediately, within 30 minutes of the injury. The more you know about an avulsed or knocked-out tooth the likely hood of it being saved will increase.
Here are the steps to saving a knocked-out tooth.
* Pick the tooth by the crown (chewing surface) not the root.
* If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse with water and:
- Do not use soap
- Do not scrub
- Do not dry
- Do not wrap in a tissue or cloth.
* If you can, put the tooth back in the socket immediately.
* If you cannot put it back in the socket, keep the tooth moist by:
- Using a tooth preservation kit
- In the mouth, next to the cheek
- Do not use regular tap water to store the tooth for long periods of time
Do not delay in seeking treatment for your avulsed tooth. This could be the difference between keeping it or losing it.